Monday, January 16, 2012

Repair.

What in the world can 1 Kings 12 teach us about God's love?

When I first read through it, I didn't think it could teach me anything. But I was very very wrong.

So 1 Kings 12 tells us how King Joash led the charge to rebuild the temple and how it took a while to get everyone to work. Then, when they were repairing it they didn't, bother adding a bunch of extra fluff--lavish decorations and whatnot--their focus was on repairing the existing damage.

See where I'm going with this?

God is in the business of repairing our hearts--His temple. Our hearts are broken, imperfect, and wounded. God wants to rebuild them--we have just got to be willing to let Him. He isn't going to add anything extra, either. By repairing the brokenness with his unconditional love, the "renovations" to what already existed will shine on their own and reflect the One who created and fixed that broken temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment